Bob Johnstone, Host of A Musical Offering
Hometown: Nashville, Tennessee, but for the last 38 years, Richmond, Indiana
What I do: I am a retired professor of politics at Earlham College
Five Things You May Not Know About Me:
1) I have published a well-received book on the presidency of Thomas Jefferson.
2) I continue to teach political philosophy courses at Earlham after retirement;
3) My father was a big band singer in New York in the 1940s, with Paul Whiteman, Larry Clinton, Shep Fields, and others
4) My wife is a soprano and voice teacher
5) I have just completed a re-reading of all of the Sherlock Holmes novels and short stories of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle'
One Thing You May Know About Me: I have been the Sunday afternoon host of "A Musical Offering" for nineteen years.